Dental Shade Navigator solves an important problem for dental professionals. It lets you select the best shade of teeth for the direct anterior restoration. It also allows you to customize the composite materials that you are currently using.
Its imaging feature helps you match the teeth color to the direct composites. This application helps you neutralize the uploaded image for the most accurate results.
Tips to acquire an optimum picture for color measuring.
Glare and light reflections block color information of an object. Pixels displaying reflected light sources measure higher luminosity values than reality. It is necessary to eliminate glare from areas of interest for color-measuring purposes. To do so, cross-polarization is the ideal approach. There are several options available in the market for cross-polarizing a mobile-phone picture. If a polarization option is not available, then the steps to optimize the results are as follow.
- Select the light source you are going to use during picture acquisition. If using the operatory light, decide its position first and do not change this. If you are using the available mobile phone light, arrange settings so that the light is constantly on (not in flash mode).
- Start live mode on the mobile device.
- Observe reflections through the mobile device screen. If positioned at the areas of interest, change relative position until no reflections are visible in those areas.
- Get as close to teeth as possible without disturbing the autofocus. If possible, activate the manual focus and select the closest distance available.
- Acquire the picture and upload it to the application. Zoom-in options are available to select details of areas to be measured.
How it works
1. User logs in the app.2. User can select the shade and composite they need.3. They can also add shade and composition in the system.4. User selects the reference, set the clinical data and restoration thickness.5. User can now take the picture of the tooth.6. The calibrated image will be displayed in the app